Based on Professor Bennett’s book, Prescribing Leadership in Healthcare, the Healthcare Center of Excellence (HCOE) is offering a half-day onsite leadership workshop designed for leaders and aspiring leaders in healthcare. The workshop teaches a unique, proven and comprehensive approach to leadership development which helps participants create a personalized, continuously-improving leadership plan for to follow at any level of the organization.
The full-day workshop follows the proprietary 5-step Professional Leadership Process™ detailed in the book and includes exercises designed to help participants:
- Assess their personal and leadership abilities using industry recognized assessment tools
- Create a leadership vision and execution plan
- Develop a short-term and long-term plan for regular reflection
- Identify and nurture mentor and coaching relationships
- Build a comprehensive, personalized, adaptable leadership plan
CONTACT US FOR PRICING & SCHEDULING
- Compare and contrast the differences between professional leadership and other programs.
- Explain the 5-steps in the professional leadership process and how they interrelate to create better leaders.
- Construct a personal leadership plan based on an assessment of the individual’s innate qualities & abilities.
- Formulate a self-reflection plan that incorporates individual quiet-time and environment assessments.
- Identify current and potential mentors and coaches and plan for regular encounters.
Course Length: Half-Day (4 hours)
Course Audience: Executive leaders and emerging leaders at hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and physician practices.
- Prescribing Leadership in Healthcare Book
- Professional Leadership Worksheets
- None included with workshop
- Additional live coaching is available at an additional cost
|AM or PM||Intro|
The Nature of Leadership
- Leadership Definition
- Innate Qualities
Professional Leadership Process
Assessing Leadership Capabilities
Developing a Leadership Vision
Living Your Vision
Reflecting on Leadership
Leadership Coaching & Mentoring
Practicing Professional Leadership
Closing Thoughts on Leadership
|1. Compare and contrast the differences between professional leadership and other programs.
2. Define the various components of the leadership definition.
3. Explain the 5-steps in the professional leadership process and how they interrelate to create better leaders.
4. Review a personal leadership vision based on an assessment of the individual's innate qualities & abilities, personality assessment and leadership assessment.
5. Outline a personal leadership plan based on the on the personal leadership vision.
6. Examine the 6-tools a leader can use to execute on their leadership plan every day.
7. Formulate a self-reflection plan that incorporates individual quiet-time and environment assessments.
8. Discuss current and potential mentors and coaches for regular encounters.
9. Outline a plan to execute the professional leadership process every day.
Instructor-Participant Ratio: Maximum 24 to 1 in order to provide quality instruction. (Subject to change without notice)
Faculty: Professor Bryan Bennett